Support Our Work, Support Your Home
100% of your donations go toward immediate and long-term active response, education and prevention efforts in Sonoma Valley.
Sonoma Ecology Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
Our tax ID is 94-3136500.
If you are interested in making a more substantial investment in Sonoma Ecology Center, thank you, we would be delighted to speak with you about our many funding opportunities. Contact our Development Coordinator —
We welcome you to join our new membership program and enjoy the benefits below.
$50 – Member
Member Level Benefits
- Timely information via our e-newsletter “In the Watershed”
- 30% discount on Sonoma Garden Park workshops (link)
- 50% discount on Sugarloaf Ridge State Park hikes (Excluding Fireworks Hike, Brunch on Bald, Headwaters to Headwaters Hike)
- Invitations to SEC events and activities (which include Sugarloaf Ridge State Park, Sonoma Garden Park, Van Hoosear Wildflower Preserve)
- Invitation to donor appreciation events:
– Garden Cocktail Party on Saturday, June 9th
– Intimate Garden Dinner on Saturday, August 25th
* Seniors and Students can join for a $25 discount
$100 – Trailblazer
Member Level Benefits plus…
- 1 day pass to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park (also good for Jack London Pass) 50% off Sugarloaf Ridge State Parks hikes for you and a friend (Excluding Fireworks Hike, Brunch on Bald, Headwaters to Headwaters Hike)
- Discount of $40 per session on our Summer Science Camps
- Recognition in our annual Impact Report
$250 – Steward
Tailblazer Level Benefits plus…
- A gift of fresh produce from the Harvest Market at Sonoma Garden Park once per peak season
$500 – Path Finder
Steward Level Benefits plus…
- Sugarloaf Ridge State Park annual parking pass (also valid for Jack London State Park)
- Two complimentary tickets to a Garden Cocktail Party on Saturday, June 9th at Sonoma Garden Park
$1,000 – Ambassador
Path Finder Level Benefits plus…
- Two complimentary tickets to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park’s Headwaters to Headwaters Hike
$5,000 – Defender
Ambassador Level Benefits plus…
- Two complimentary tickets to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park’s Fireworks Hike
$10,000 – Valley Visionary
Defender Level Benefits plus…
- Private guided hike for 8 at Van Hoosear Wildflower Preserve
Membership benefits last for 12 months
Other Ways to Help
This year those age 70 ½ and older may want to consider making a meaningful, tax-efficient gift to Sonoma Ecology Center using funds from their traditional or Roth IRA. With this way of giving you can:
- Make tax-free gifts each year from your IRA withdrawals by having a portion transferred directly to SEC (up to $100,000 per year for an individual; $200,000 per couple with separate IRAs).
- Use your Required Minimum Distribution for you gift to avoid taxes on the transfer of funds.
- Avoid increasing your adjusted gross income and potentially subjecting your Social Security income to a higher level of taxation by giving directly from your IRA.
- Provide a generous gift to SEC.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if we can provide more information to you or your advisors.
Use a Community Card eScrip
Shop for your groceries locally at the Glen Ellen Market or Sonoma Market and show your eScrip card at checkout and they will donate 5% of your purchase amount to Sonoma Ecology Center! Simply sign up for eScript to benefit Sonoma Ecology Center!
An easy, no-cost way to show your support!
Each stock gift we handle strengthens our programmatic work while providing tax benefits for supporters.
Here are step-by-step instructions to help you take advantage of this gift planning opportunity.
Shop Online via AmazonSmile
Amazon has a special option that allows 0.5% of your purchases to go to the charity of your choice — Sonoma Ecology Center! Simply use this link to make all your Amazon purchases:
Make sure to bookmark the link and use it whenever you want to shop at Amazon!